J. Douglas Light
Doug joined Graves-Light in 2002 and currently serves as Director of Wealth Management with the firm. He brings over 17 years of experience as a financial advisor, 16 years as a business executive and 8 years as a bank officer advising professionals, executives and families. Doug began his career in banking before joining Rocco Enterprises, Inc. where he served as Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Distribution; President of Rocco Turkeys, Inc.; and later Vice President and General Manager of Cargill Inc.’s Deli, Foodservice and Commodity divisions.
- B.S. in Accounting, University of South Carolina at Columbia.
- M.B.A., James Madison University.
- Post graduate study at the universities of Michigan, Notre Dame, Chicago and Dartmouth College.
- Past Chairman of the Harrisonburg Electric Commission, the Daily News Record Leadership Awards Committee and board member of the James Madison University College of Visual and Performing Arts Advisory Council. Currently a board member of the Arts Council of the Valley, Boys and Girls Club of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, and serves on the Harrisonburg Economic and Development Advisory Council.
- Member of Mt. Tabor United Methodist Church and enjoys golf, skiing, cycling, scuba diving and Carolina football.